Frequently asked questions


About Grupo Carso

When was Grupo Carso created and what companies are included?

The Company was incorporated in México City, on October 22, 1980, under the name of Grupo Galas, S. A. Its principal subsidiaries are: Grupo Sanborns, Grupo Condumex, Carso Infraestructura y Construcción and Carso Energy. It does not include América Móvil, which is an associated company dedicated to telecommunications and information technologies.

Which are the companies that do not form part of Grupo Carso but are associated companies?

The companies that are owned by the Grupo Carso shareholders or that are directly or indirectly controlled by them, and with which Grupo Carso has subscribed – and/or could in the future subscribe – joint operations agreements are the following: América Móvil; S.A.B. de C.V.; Grupo Financiero Inbursa S.A.B. de C.V.; Minera Frisco S.A.B. de C.V.; Inmuebles Carso S.A.B. de C.V.; Ideal S.A.B. de C.V.; FCC Americas and Telesites.

Does Grupo Carso have employees?

Grupo Carso does not have employees. However, as of the end of 2019 it did have, through its subsidiaries, 77,655 collaborators, of whom 73.3% were officers and employees and the remaining 26.7% were laborers, of whom the majority were unionized. Of 215 executives level “C” in total in Grupo Carso, 12% are women.

Where can I send my CV to apply for any vacant position?

You can send your Curriculum Vitae mentioning the position and/or subsidiary of interest to the following addresses:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Where could I send information on a lot or locale that I wish to lease or sell?

Please send an email to the Inmuebles Carso S.A. de C.V. contact area at:

Where can I send my information in order to become a provider for Grupo Carso?

Does Grupo Carso award scholarships and donations?

Grupo Carso does not directly award scholarships or donations. Grupo Carso’s social responsibility activities are carried out through the Carlos Slim Foundation. For more information go to:
For any information or clarification contact our investor relationships department.
Contact us
Data protection policy
© Grupo Carso 2020